Club news 29th June 2020
June 29, 2020
Our lotto is back!!! In local shops and online, all Club Crossmolina members are automatically included.
Draw on Saturday 13th of June 2020, Numbers drawn 2, 3, 5, 29.
No jackpot winner.
No match 3, so three tickets were drawn, Teresa McNulty, Martin Loftus and Grainne Gough each win €50.
Next week's jackpot is €4,650, draw on Saturday 20th June @ 8pm. Many thanks for your support..
All fixtures have been postponed.
Covid-19 Club Education for Gaelic Games
• Covid-19 Club Education Programme unveiled for Clubs returning to activities.
• Roles and responsibilities of Players, Team Personnel and Parents/Guardians to be covered.
• Stage one to include Club Briefing webinar, eLearning module and educational resources.
• More detailed information to be issued on a regular basis.
• Training will complement support from County Committees and Provincial Councils.
• Content to be updated as Government and Gaelic Games policies evolve.
• Visit https://learning.gaa.ie/covid19
Since the publication of the Guidelines on Safe Return to Gaelic Games on 5 June, the GAA, LGFA and Camogie Association have partnered to develop a Covid-19 Club Education Programme to help those involved in Clubs return safely to Gaelic Games activities.
Through education on roles and responsibilities, the programme aims to reinforce how collective responsibility can help protect the health and welfare of all those involved in Gaelic Games and minimise the risk of transmission of Covid-19 in local communities.
The programme will be delivered in stages with the initial offering focussing on Covid Supervisors and Club Officers.
More detailed information for Players and Parents/Guardians of underage Players, and Team Personnel such as Managers, Coaches and Medical Personnel will be issued during the week starting 16 June.
Key points to note:
• Clubs will not be expected to record the temperatures of players when they arrive for training/games.
• Adult players and parents/guardians of underage players will be required to complete an online Health Questionnaire once prior to their return to GAA Activities.
• Adult players and parents/guardians of underage players will then be required to declare, before each training session/game, that their health status has not changed.
• An online system for the health questionnaire will be provided centrally by the GAA. This is the only system that should be used.
• Further details in relation to the online Health Questionnaire will be circulated next week.
Irelands fittest family – looking for participants.
Ireland's Fittest Family is a competition reality show where families from all over the country compete against each other for the chance to win €15,000 and the title of 'Ireland's Fittest Family' all the while being mentored by our panel of respected coaches, Davy Fitzgerald, Derval O'Rourke, Anna Geary and Donncha O'Callaghan. We are back for our eighth year and are currently looking for families for the brand new series.
Two years ago, MAYO family the McDonnells were coached by Anna Geary but were knocked out in the second round. Previously, the Naylors reached the semifinals and quarterfinals with different line-ups in Series 3 and Series 5, respectively. The first season also saw locals, the Ronaynes, reach the semifinals. However, this year we want to see if a Mayo family can go all the way.
We are directing people to visit: rte.ie/irelandsfittestfamily or view https://www.facebook.com/RTEOne/posts/3892657807474697 or call 085 837 5387 for more information.
GAA Club Membership
Crossmolina Deel-Rovers GAA Club any adults wishing to pay membership are asked to contact Mary Lynn at 087.6430598 for new membership forms and GDPR compliance. Membership can also be paid on line at www.deelrovers.com
Covid – 19 Club Up date.
We wish all our members and supporters well during this unnerving time. Our facilities are closed in line with Government and GAA guidelines. We will update you in line with best advice. Feel free to contact any of the Club officers if you feel we can be of any help. We are liaising with local businesses to help with deliveries and would ask everyone to keep a close eye on those in our community that may need assistance at this time
CO-VID 19 DELIVERY SERVICE.
As all festivals and events are cancelled for the foreseeable future, the Crossmolina Festival group are putting their idle time to good use and are now available for deliveries to those people in the Parish that are staying at home during the virus pandemic. If you would like any shopping, prescriptions etc delivered to your home, simply contact any of the local retailers, butchers or pharmacies, place your order, request delivery and the retailers will organise for members of the festival group to deliver your order that evening with urgent orders delivered during the day. The festival would like to thank all those that have volunteered, now is the time to stay at home as much as possible and when normality returns, Crossmolina festival will be ready to host the events we will all need to celebrate.
Click on link below for GAA Club Newsletter;
See link for Irish newsletter;
Connacht GAA News;
Here is the link to latest Connacht GAA Coaching and Games News;
All Mayo GAA News ;
All Club members are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any jobs that they see needs doing around the GAA grounds. We are actively seeking suggestions on any way to improve our Club.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers Lock up duty Rota 2020
John O Donnell